Don treats Subacromial Bursitis, or Shoulder Bursitis, with cortisone injections that often cure symptoms completely. Typical cost is under $100 including the injection!
You will need an assessment to make sure nothing else is going on, such as a complete tear of your rotator cuff. But even partial tears respond well. Before you consider surgery, come see us!
Typical symptoms of Shoulder Bursitis include:
- Gradual onset of your shoulder symptoms over weeks or months.
- Pain on the outside of your shoulder.
- Pain may spread down your arm towards the elbow or wrist.
- Pain made worse when lying on your affected shoulder.
- Pain made worse when using your arm above your head.
- Painful arc of movement – shoulder pain felt between 60 – 90° of the arm moving up and outwards.
- When your arm is by your side there is minimal pain and above 90° relief of pain.
- Shoulder pain with activities such as washing hair, reaching up to a high shelf in the cupboard.